The following is a breakdown of the commissioning process and our policy of clear and transparent quoting. Please contact me if you have any further questions.

 

Estimate

An initial visit to your home is free of charge and without obligation. At this point we can discuss your requirements, discuss ideas and I will give you an estimated quote.

 

Detailed Design

If you are interested in taking the project further then I will begin the detailed design process. At this point, I will request a £50 non-refundable deposit that will be deducted from the final cost if you go on to commission the project.

The design process involves measuring up, rough sketching and providing a 3D model of your project which can be emailed back and forth to achieve the best possible design. I work in ‘google sketchup’ which can be downloaded free of charge here. [download google sketchup]

 

Itemised Quote

When you are happy with the design I will provide an itemised quotation for your approval so that you understand exactly what you are paying for and can make informed choices about the materials and design of your piece.

 

Work Begins

When I begin work, I will request a 60% deposit to cover materials and a percentage of my time. The remaining 40% is payable on completion and delivery.

I understand that investing in handmade furniture can be a big decision, but is not necessarily a more expensive option. I work closely with clients to arrive at a solution which meets both their budget and design requirements. Please contact me to discuss.

I believe in transparency and every quote will be clearly itemised in order that you can understand exactly what you are paying for and can make informed choices about the materials and design of your piece.